MY OWN OPINION AND STATEMENTS ON HEALTH AND THE “WHY” OF LIVING A PALEO LIFESTYLE.
I am currently still in the editing process, due to me trying to make sure I cite all postings requiring citing’s, so bare with me.
First let me start by saying thank you for visiting my blog and most importantly thank you for reading this section first, second, or last.
My name is Leah Gonzales I am 22 years old, Texas born and raised. Texas A&M Corpus Christi graduate Fall 2012. And a commissioned 2LT in the Army Reserves.
On June 7, 2013 I had my gallbladder removed. I had thought after 6 months of suffering from random digestive problems were over, BUT I was wrong. Apparently going so long with over 60 gallstones can really mess a person up. Anyways long story short I lost over 30 plus lbs from not knowing what to eat, constipation (yea I just said that), diarrhea (yeap just said that too), and pancreatitis even at one point which was the worst experience EVER. Then I heard about PALEO. I had heard of it before but wasn’t very enthused about it. I mean who would be when you have to cut out ALL grains, dairy, and legumes? NOT ME.
After a couple of months on the diet I was still having issues…managing stress, anxiety, tummy issues, bowel problems, and digestion problems all together is not easy. However after I started to learn how to keep my body calm, limiting stress, anxiety, and many other emotions that were piling up things started to randomly get better. I still edit the diet to make it my own and fell in love with it. AND YOU CAN TOO.
“I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy. I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” – ART WILLIAMS
I still have digestion problems of course, but they are NOWHERE NEAR as bad as they were a couple of months ago..and when I say no where near I really mean NOWHERE NEAR lol. I am just starting my blog to post research I’ve done on living a Paleo lifestyle, as well as some of my favorite recipes. And of course I will also be posting websites that can help someone that is looking for expert advise to back up what I do post. I AM BY NO MEANS A NUTRIONIST, HEALTH DOCTOR, OR DOCTOR in general. I am just here to post how I’ve improved my digestion problems and lifestyle by eating REAL FOOD. Recipes and photos will slowly come together as well as research. Hopefully over the next month things will start flowing.
A few other things about me:
1) I love sports!! Haha who doesn’t these days my teams are dallas cowboys (I grew up in TX give me a break), San Antonio Spurs, & Texas Rangers.
I do love individual team players as well such as Britney Griner, Dwayne Wade, Manu Ginobli, Peyton Manning, Colt Mccoy, Lebron James, Lolo Jones, Diana Taurasi, Lisa Leslie, Demarcus Ware, Allyson Felix, Tyson Gay, and the list goes on .
2) I love movies..gosh I love movies..did I mention I love movies? Here’s a few and I don’t just like one genre I love them all.
Act of Valor
Julia Robert’s Movies
Emma Stone’s Movies
Jennifer Lawrence’s Movies
George Clooney’s Movies
Mark Wahlberg’s Movies
Ethan Hawke’s Movies
Carrie (the old version)
Friday Night Lights (both tv show and movie)
Listen to Your Heart (Netflix)
and I could go on FOREVER 😀
3) And of course I love discovering food..obiviously 😁.
Favorite hobby as of now is learning how to modify some of my favorite proteins.
4) and finally I love doing research. It became a hobby after I started suffering from digestive problems. I have learned a great deal within the course of 6 months and I plan on learning more.
5) Helping others in any way possible. By this I mean helping others that are like me. Why? Simply because we can’t just enjoy your everyday donut and coffee in the morning. People with digestive disorders always have to know 1) where the restroom is, 2) what is in the food were eating & 3) how am I going to feel afterward? It can be a full time job when it comes to dealing with a constant upset tummy or not knowing what to eat on the days that you don’t feel good. Been there and still here. So if I could give advice, or just any kind of general help to those who need it I will gladly do so.
LEAH JANETTE GONZALES
This blog is for entertainment purposes only and is not meant to replace medical advice. I post my opinion based on my own experiences and helpful links for those who are interested in learning from some of the best professionals on the subjects I discuss.